Kai from Amaterasu Reads and I want to share everything that we’ve learned in our almost-3-years of blogging to my fellow bloggers. This led to the Mentorship Project. Here’s the idea, we will tour my best to help new Filipino bloggers for three months. However, how the project runs depends on the mentor. Kai and I have different ways.
The project (according to yours truly) will follow an outline that I made:
- Common Mistakes in Blogging
- The Balanced Review
- Review Style
- Communicating with Authors and Publishers
- Blogging Ethics
- Layout and Branding
- Memes and Features
- Hosting Blog Events
I will be an avid reader of his/her blog posts, keeping track of my mentee’s progress as a blogger. As a final test to prove that my mentee has learned from me, he/she will co-host a week-long feature/mini event with me. Of course, there are other possible perks which I will not disclose here. (It’s a secret.)
From January 1 to March 31, I will mentor a fellow Filipina and schoolmate:
Blog: Oops! I Read a Book Again (which is her second blog)
Blogging Experience: She has been blogging about movies and Korean dramas for so long. From time to time, she would blog about books, too. I’m one of the people who encouraged her to start a separate blog for YA book blogging.
To join the Mentorship Project you must be:
- A Filipino, preferably someone who lives in Metro Manila (so we can have meet-ups) but most of the time, things will be done via email and Twitter.
- A Young Adult/New Adult/Middle Grade book blogger.
- A person who has been blogging for less than 6 months.
- A person who can take criticism and can consider suggestions and tips.
If you want to give the Mentorship Project a try, fill out this form: