Sunday, October 10, 2010

First Read: I didn't like VA. Second Read: Maybe I'll like it?

As you all know, a few months ago I tried to do a VA marathon. I got past the first book, Vampire Academy, and reviewed it. I also managed to read Frostbite but during that time, I just...couldn't get into the story no matter how much I tried. Maybe it was the mood of the book or maybe it was vampire overload. I don't really know. It was hard for me to continue reading when my heart wasn't into it. It was sad too. I've heard lots of great things about this series from my friends and it was just unfortunate that I couldn't enjoy the series as much as I wanted to.

But I'll be giving VA series another try. And I hope that this time will be different.

Vampire Book Club is sponsoring a Vampire Academy Re-read Challenge. The challenge runs from October 1 - November 30.

Some of the prizes included in the prize pack for those who will finish the challenge are:

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

A Vampire Academy-inspired piece of jewelry from Cemetery Cat Designs
Soul Screamers series set by Rachel Vincent (My Soul to Take, My Soul to Keep and My Soul to Save)
Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié < I like!
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers < I like!
Linger bookmark signed by Maggie Stiefvater
Embossed black leather Vampire Academy bookmark
Vampire Book Club bookmarks
and more

For me, Personal Demons is enough motivation for the challenge. I still haven't read and experienced Luc's temptation! Anyway, goodluck to me. If you guys are up for it, you can join the challenge by clicking the link below.



3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about the Vampire Academy series, but I haven't read them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book and thought it was just ok so I didn't read further. i'm waiting for the final book to come out and read them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read the Vampire Academy books--IMO vampires are a little overused, but, like you, I've heard a lot of great things about them.

    ReplyDelete