Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Subway Love + Princess of Thorns

Hi guys! For Waiting on Wednesday, I have two picks. One fantasy and one time travel read. I'm excited for both. :)


Book Description:

Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publication Date: May 13, 2014
What if destiny leads you to your soul mate, but the laws of time conspire to keep you apart?

If her parents had never divorced, Laura wouldn’t have to live in the shadow of Bruce, her mom’s unpredictable boyfriend. Her mom wouldn’t say things like "Be groovy," and Laura wouldn’t panic every weekend on the way to Dad’s Manhattan apartment. But when Laura spots a boy on a facing platform, lifting a camera to his face, looking right at her, Laura feels anything but afraid, and she can’t forget him. Jonas, meanwhile, thinks nonstop about the pretty hippie girl he glimpsed on the platform — trying to comprehend how she vanished, but mostly wondering whether he will see her again in a city of millions — and whether if he searches, he would have any chance of finding her. In a lyrical meditation on love, Nora Raleigh Baskin explores the soul’s ability to connect, and heal, outside the bounds of time and reason.

Why I Chose This You guys..THIS>>>> In a lyrical meditation on love, Nora Raleigh Baskin explores the soul’s ability to connect, and heal, outside the bounds of time and reason. This is exactly what I want to read in this book. I have read amazing time travel love stories such as All Our Yesterdays. But I'm still looking for something more heartfelt, more earth-and-soul-shattering. This might just be it.

Book Description:

Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: December 9, 2014

Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?

Why I Chose This: I love Stacey Jay's books! So when I saw this one on Goodreads, with her name on it, I just had to put it in my want-to-read pile. Another fierce heroine who goes to war for her throne, side by side with her *crosses fingers* love interest. Who would say no to that?

If you happen to drop by, kindly leave your Waiting on Wednesday links below so I could visit you, too!


7 comments:

  1. Oooo, Princess of Thorns! I'm definitely excited to read that book. I have not read any of Stacey Jay's books but I know that many people have enjoyed her books. And FANTASY :D I hope you and I both read and enjoy this book! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cover on Subway Love! Great picks!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales....count me in! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of these but they sound really cool! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Subway sounds so deep. I'm intrigued! I hope you'll get to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not heard of either of these, but ohh. They both looks awesome :D I hope you will love them both. <3 Thank you for sharing :)
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete