Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Undying Lily by Jessica Sorensen



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

Hi guys! Today I’ve got ONE book that I WANT:

Undying Lily by Jessica Sorensen

Publication Date: 2014 (no month yet)

My grandmother always warned me never to go into the forest. That it was haunted with deadly secrets and possessed with a curse that has scarred my family forever. And if I dared step foot into the trees, the curse would be put upon me eternally. But I never fully believed her until the day I met Kayden. That’s when the secrets and the curse became very real.

Kayden stumbled out of the forest and into my life with no explanation. I should have turned him away and sent him straight back, but the loneliness in his eyes made me take pity on him and I let him stay.

Kayden is charming, sexy, and dangerous and knows things about me and my family that even I didn’t know. He has a way of looking into my eyes and putting thoughts into my head that aren’t mine, particularly ones about the forest. When he tells me to go there, I can’t help it. I follow him into the trees and my life is changed indefinitely.

I’m cursed.
Forever.
By the scars of the Water Lily.

Why I Chose This:

I was searching in Goodreads when I came across this cover. My eyes snap to the title. I click it. Read the synopsis and suffered from a major heart thudding. I’ve been on a dystopia/science fiction/contemporary reading spree. I MISS this kind of story. I miss the mystery, the paranormalness of YA (though I’m not sure if this is paranormal.) Eeeep! I’m dying to read this!! *grabby hands*



3 comments:

  1. OMG! I just recently saw this on Goodreads. I love the plot. This book seems like my cup of tea! Great pick.

    -Dannielle
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Like you I miss reading paranormal YA since most of the book I've been reading these days are contemps. I certainly haven't seen this before so thanks for the heads-up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds intriguing, but still a little vague. Still, can't wait until it's out!

    ReplyDelete