Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Talon + The Vault of Dreamers + The Memory Keepers


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

Hi guys! For Waiting on Wednesday, I have three picks = triple goodness! :)

Book Description:

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: October 28, 2014
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

Why I Chose This: To those of you who have read some reviews on my blog in the past, you would know that I'm a big fan of Julie Kagawa! Seriously, her books are classified under to-buy-asap for me. I am very interested in fiction related dragons. I am really looking forward to this!

Book Description:

Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Publication Date: September 16, 2014

From the author of the Birthmarked trilogy comes a fast-paced, psychologically thrilling novel about what happens when your dreams are not your own.

The Forge School is the most prestigious arts school in the country. The secret to its success: every moment of the students' lives is televised as part of the insanely popular Forge Show, and the students' schedule includes twelve hours of induced sleep meant to enhance creativity. But when first year student Rosie Sinclair skips her sleeping pill, she discovers there is something off about Forge. In fact, she suspects that there are sinister things going on deep below the reaches of the cameras in the school. What's worse is, she starts to notice that the edges of her consciousness do not feel quite right. And soon, she unearths the ghastly secret that the Forge School is hiding—and what it truly means to dream there.

Why I Chose This: You, guys! I really, really, really loved Caragh's first series. Her writing is really good and I'm just so excited for this new series. Don't let the cover fool you!

Book Description:

Publisher: Hot Key Books
Publication Date: September 4, 2014

"No one can take your memories from you... can they?"

Seven is a thief with a difference - he steals downloadable memories from banks and memoriums to sell onto London's black market, trading secrets and hidden pasts for a chance at a future of his own. He makes sure he keeps some special stuff back to 'surf' himself though - it's the only real form of entertainment he can afford. But one night, as Seven is breaking into a private memorium in a wealthy part of London, he is caught in the act by one of its residents; Alba, the teenage daughter of London's most famous criminal prosecutor. Instead of giving him away, Alba promises to keep Seven's secret - as long as he allows her to go memory-surfing herself. In doing so, they discover a hidden memory about Seven's past, revealing a shocking secret about Seven's childhood, the government and a mysterious experiment known as The Memory Keepers...

Now Seven and Alba will have to race against time to unlock the maze of The Memory Keepers - but can they keep themselves out of harm's way before the London Guard - and Alba's father - catches up with them?

Why I Chose This: I'm always intrigued with books that involve memory, its capacity and strength, as well as memory loss and control. So when I stumbled upon this book on Goodreads, I knew that I just have to read this. I have Natasha Ngan's The Elites. I'm hoping that this would be my next best read.

If you happen to drop by, kindly leave your Waiting on Wednesday links below so I could visit you, too!


1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of TALON. I actually haven't read any from Julie Kagawa yet (it's sad, I know). I hope to change that soon. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete