Saturday, June 19, 2010

Angelic Friday: Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia


Angelic Friday is back! As you all know, I've ran out of angel books. They're hard to find. So I'm gonna make this post once every two weeks from now on. Today, I will be posting my review of Angel Star - one of the most anticipated angel books of 2010.

Angelic Friday is a new Meme started by me, that features books that explore the lives of angels, nephilims and fallen angels.

Book Description:



Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.

But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows, and now, she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition.

Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.

Source: Jennifer Murgia (Thank you!!)

My Thoughts:

Teagan is a normal teenager with normal wants: to fit in, to hangout with her bestfriend Claire and of course, to be with Garreth – the transfer student. She always had nightmares at night. She never knew that some nightmares are real - real enough to cause damage and real enough to make her stronger.

The relationship of Garreth and Teagan starts with an irresistible pull. The unfolding of the truth tying their lives and hearts together was smooth and superbly written, connecting the past and present. And like the octogram, it follows a pattern, a definite line that will complete what Garreth set out to do and what Teagan wants to finish.

Never ceasing to be interesting, Angel Star presents social, psychological and belief issues that added a significant depth the story. Ethereal elements merged with the workings of the human mind, holding a stronger influence over decisions, actions, thoughts and even dreams. This one really made me think. The possibility of pure creatures working in our minds was really fascinating and intriguing.

Jennifer Murgia has a unique interpretation of heaven and angels that is both intriguing and refreshing while keeping to the parameters of the common knowledge about these celestial beings. Through the thorough incorporation of symbolism, this story was transformed into a remarkable one that didn’t forget to include the tiniest details. Her angel mythology is one of the reasons why Angel Star is a must read for angel fans. You will never find this uniqueness in other angel books.

Angel Star is a like beautiful painting that captures both light and dark, setting balance and coordination amongst the elements of fate and life, weaving together a fresh take on guardian angels, reincarnation and heaven, and showing the collision of the purity of heart and intentions against the sinister, dark ambitions and goals of two angels.

Rating:


5



8 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten this one and I'm so eager to read it. Hopefully soon, I have to read some others first but your review just made me more anxious to get to it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful review, precious! :) i cannot wait to read this. i love YA books with angels in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like this, since I've read other reviews and they all seemed to agree that Angel Star is a good book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this book! I am really glad you liked it too! Awesome review, and very cool meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book around, and I've been wanting to read it! Great review, and a very awesome meme! Have you done ANGEL by Lee Weatherly? It's coming out soon, and Usbourne are handing out ARC's at the moment.

    I've come from the Comment Exchange program, by the way! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading many books with angels in it lately, and this one sounds great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute meme idea! I've heard great things about this book and am glad to see yet another person enjoy it. I shall have to read it soon! Great review :)

    (CEP participant)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly love angel themed things. I've never heard of this book, but I'll certainly take note of it now.

    ReplyDelete