Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Stormdancer, Rage Within + The Curiosities

Hi everyone! It’s time for Waiting on Wednesday. And THIS time, I have  a triple treat for you!

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Publication Date: September 2012
Published by: Tor UK and St. Martins Press

A DYING LAND
The Shima Imperium verges on the brink of environmental collapse; decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshipers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, land choked with toxic pollution, wildlife ravaged by mass extinctions.

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST
The hunters of Shima's imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger – a legendary beast, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows thunder tigers have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death.

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a hidden gift that would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her.

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire.

Why I Chose this:

Japanese mythology + dystopian + a kickass girl? I need to read this. It’s calling my name – I..I can’t wait to read this! If the synopsis isn't enough for you, read this guest post by Jay Kristoff. :)

Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts
Publication Date: September 24, 2012 (US) & August 30, 2012 (UK)
Published by: Simon & Schuster & Pan Macmillan

Aries, Clementine, Mason and Michael have survived the first wave of the apocalypse that wiped out most of the world's population, and turned many of the rest into murderous Baggers. Now, they're hiding out in an abandoned house in Vancouver with a ragtag group of surviving teens, and trying to figure out their next move.

Aries is trying to lead, but it's hard to be a leader when there are no easy answers, and every move feels wrong. Clementine is desperate to find her brother Heath, but it's impossible to know where he'd be, even if he is still alive. Michael is still haunted by the memories of his actions during his harrowing struggle to survive. And Mason is struggling with something far worse: the fear that he may be a danger to his friends.

As the Baggers begin to create a new world order, Aries, Clementine, Mason and Michael will have to trust and rely on each other in order to survive.

Why I Chose this:

Last year, I read, reviewed and loved Dark Inside. It was creepy and so terrifyingly good! I love Jeyn’s writing and I can’t wait to find out what happens next – especially about ‘Nothing.’ ;)

The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff
Publication Date: October 2012
Published by: Carolrhoda Books

(no description yet)

Why I Chose this:

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I love Maggie, Tessa & Brenna! After I first read Shiver by Maggie, I googled her and found out that she, together with ger two writer friends are posting short stories on a weekly basis at Merry Sisters of Fate (Livejournal). I go there all the time (until a few months ago because school got too hectic.) Now they’ve moved to Wordpress. Try it. Go there and read any of their stories. You’ll know why I got addicted. And why I just have to have The Curiosities!



8 comments:

  1. Stormdancer sounds good! I'm into Jap too. Haven't heard about the other two books but I'll look them up. Thanks for sharing. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding Stormdancer to my TBR list. It reminds me of Eon by Alison Goodman and Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon, two of my favorite YA fantasy novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great WOW picks! I love finding books I've not heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How freaky is The Curiosities cover??!! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally wanna meet this Kick Ass Japanese Girl!!! Stormdancer looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stormdancer sounds AWESOME! I've never heard of it before, but I'm adding it to my wishlist. I also didn't know the second Dark Inside book had a cover and a title. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I haven't heard of any of these! But they all sound fab. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete