Thursday, June 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Elites by Natasha Ngan + Waterfell by Amalie Howard

*waves* Hi! It feels like AGES since I've done a Waiting on Wednesday post. This week, I have two novels that I'm absolutely dying to read. One is the second book of one of the best writers on the face of the planet, Amalie Howard, and the the other is a futuristic book with exoticism and romance.

Book Description:

The Elites by Natasha Ngan
Date of Publication: September 5th 2013
Publisher: Hot Key Books

'There is a rumour that the Elites don't bleed.'

Hundreds of years into the future, wars, riots, resource crises and rising sea-levels have destroyed the old civilisations. Only one city has survived: Neo-Babel, a city full of cultures - and racial tension. Fifteen-year-old Silver is an Elite, a citizen of Neo-Babel chosen to guard the city due to her superior DNA. She'd never dream of leaving - but then she fails to prevent the assassination of Neo Babel's president, setting off a chain of events more shocking and devastating than she could ever have imagined. Forced to flee the city with her best friend Butterfly (a boy with genetically-enhanced wings), Silver will have to fight to find her family, uncover the truth about Neo-Babel and come to terms with her complicated feelings for Butterfly.

Packed full of adventure, romance, exoticism and the power of friendship, THE ELITES is a highly compelling and beautifully written novel from a supremely talented debut author.


Why I chose this:

Oh my gosh, you guys! This sounds like my kind of read. Here's the list of things that I want in a book:

Futuristic. Check!
Wars. Check!
Scientific shiz. Check!
Adventure. Check!
Action. Check!
Exoticism. Check!

Whoa, I'm so excited to read this I'm practically trembling!


Book Description:

Waterfell by Amalie Howard
Date of Publication: October 29th 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

THE GIRL WHO WOULD BE QUEEN

Nerissa Marin hides among teens in her human form, waiting for the day she can claim her birthright—the undersea kingdom stolen from her the day her father was murdered. Blending in is her best weapon—until her father's betrayer confronts Nerissa and challenges her to a battle to the death on Nerissa's upcoming birthday—the day she comes of age.

Amid danger and the heartbreak of her missing mother, falling for a human boy is the last thing Nerissa should do. But Lo Seavon breaches her defenses and somehow becomes the only person she can count on to help her desperate search for her mother, a prisoner of Nerissa's mortal enemy. Is Lo the linchpin that might win Nerissa back her crown? Or will this mortal boy become the weakness that destroys her?


Why I chose this:

Next up is a mermaid book, written by my favorite author and friend, Amalie Howard (who also wrote the amazing Bloodspell in 2011.) But aside from the fact that Amalie writes so darn well, like awe-inducing, smile-inducing perfection, mermaids! Guys, I'm so eager for a sea creature-starred book! Falling for a human boy = delicious romance. This just sounds so promising. Really looking forward!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Leave your links below!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for Waterfell! And I haven't heard of The Elites before, and it sounds rather interesting, so I'll be adding it to my list! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ELITES!!!!! So excited for that one. Not familiar with Amalie Howard at all but from the way you're gushing, I am gushing now too! Mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my eye on Waterfell, too! Harlequin Teen has had a good rep with me with their books, and Harlequin Teen plus mermaids definitely sounds promising and fun. And The Elites sounds really cool, toO! I hadn't heard of it before this, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books looks awesome :D I hope you will love them both. <3 Pretty covers too :) Thank you for sharing :D
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW last week. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete