Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review: Kane Richards Must Die by Shanice Williams


Book Description from the Back of the ARC:

After an unexpected transfer to the States for her senior year, Suranne’s new friends give her just one instruction: stay away from Kane Richards. According to everyone, he’s a heartless playboy concerned only for himself.

With one glance, it’s easy to see why he gets away with it. But things aren’t always what they seem – especially when he sets his sights on her and whispers that she’s ‘different.’

Despite all the red flags, Suranne considers whether or not his intentions are genuine or if she’s simply another name on his list. In the process, she may just uncover the real Kane Richards. But, when it comes down to it, the real Kane Richards may not want to be found.

Filled with raw emotion, Kane Richards Must Die, explores relationships, trust, love, and what can happen when life takes an unexpected turn.

Source: Paul at Lands Atlantic Publishing (Thank you!)

My Thoughts:

When I read the synopsis, I was curious as to how the author will make a simple concept, of the player falling for the new girl, into something that will be remembered. After reading chapter one, I knew that I would breeze through the novel. Kane Richards Must Die was one of those novels that were never hard to read. The quick pace made it easy for me too.

Suranne was the new girl, the new face, the new target of Kane. She was sent to US to live with her aunt for three months. At school, her first two friends: Lawrence and Kate had warned her not to fall for Kane Richards. He was bad for her. Kane was too charming, seductive and good-looking for any girl to resist. Suranne was the first one to do so. But something happened that made Kane change. There was something about Suranne that led him to his metamorphosis. As the story progressed, the tension, doubt and issues of the couple exploded one by one, testing their relationship and their faith on one another. It was quite fun to read.

Kane Richards Must Die had secrets that were revealed from time to time. I got to know Kane well, on why he had the reputation and what the cause of all the issues was. I was surprised at some of his revelations but I was able to predict the ending. The story was focused on these two lovers. I wished that they had more interaction with other people. I would have wanted to see that. The language, especially Kane’s, was quite modern. It was good since it reflected the ‘modern teen’ but sometimes I found myself distracted with it. But that didn’t stop me from breezing through this novel.

Kane Richards Must Die is a hot, sensual, realistic and enjoyable contemporary. Filled with pain and relief, doubt and trust, hate and love, this novel may appeal to (older) readers of contemporary and of relationship-themed novels.

Rating:









5 comments:

  1. Okay, you definitely had my eyebrows peaked in interest when you said "hot, sensual" haha. Seriously though, sounds like a great read, I like the way their realationship seems to grow and form! Great review, Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title I immediately thought of the film "John Tucker Must Die". They sound pretty similar, and since I quite liked that film, I'm definitely intrigued by this book! Glad you enjoyed it - this sounds a bit more emotional than the film I saw. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I'm not sure if this is a fit for me but I'm glad that it didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really curious about this book. It sounds interesting. I may pick this one after all.

    ReplyDelete