Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Challenges: Finished or not?


First of all, I’d like to do a little update on the 2011 challenges that I’ve crazily joined.


100 Books a Year Challenge – I joined The Book Chick City & set a goal in Goodreads so I can easily check my progress.


Finished? Yes. I finished this one. It’s only December 26, 2011 and I’ve read 102 books – I really thought I wouldn’t be able to. What with the hectic schedule, heavy major subjects and NaNoWriMo – one month of not reading as much as I usually read! It’s not easy to be a student and a blogger at the same time. I know this now.




 


   


   


          
     
       
     
          2011 Reading Challenge 
       

     
     
 
        Precious has     
       
         
            completed her goal of reading 100 books in 2011!
         
               
     

     

       
hide

     
 
     

        100 of 100 (100%)
     

     
       
   
          view books
       

     
   
   
 
   
 
     
 


2011 Debut Author Challenge


Finished: Yes!

I read 46 debut novels – that’s almost half of all the books I’ve read this year! I love reading debuts and discovering new authors. I think this challenge is perfect for me – I’d join the 2012 challenge, too!

2011 YA Contemporary Challenge


Finished: No. I just read 9/12 books.

This challenge is hosted by Reggie from the Undercover Booklover. I’ve tried to finish this one but I have to admit that I’m more of a dystopian/fantasy/paranormal girl. I’ve started loving contemporary novels but not that much, really. Contemporary novels are useful for breaking the adrenaline-rushing, heart-pumping, fast-reading pattern of dystopia, fantasy and paranormal. I read contemps from time to time.
 
A-Z Reading Challenge


Finsihed? No. N, O, Q, V, X, Y and Z made it difficult for me to finish this. It was December when I realized that I don’t have novels for almost all those letters! (I have novels for O and Q but I couldn’t get into them at the time.)

Verdict: So far, I think I’ve done a good job. Just three contemporary books unread and seven novels unread. So that’s ten unread novels.

Next year, I’ll be joining different challenges. Dystopian, 2012 Debut Author Challenge and maybe even Fantasy Challenges.



1 comment: