Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire & Asphodel


Hi everyone! It’s been so long since I posted a Waiting on Wednesday. It sort of feels strange to be able to right now.

I rarely read anthologies but when one catches my attention, I make sure that I get my hands on it. Like this next book that I’m presenting to you guys:

Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire
Publication Date: March 6th 2012
Published by Running Press Kids

Young love has always had its challenges, but even so, the world falling apart at its seams is a pretty big obstacle. This stellar collection dystopian tales explores survival of the fittest in terms of love, passion, and humanity. When the survival of the human race is at stake, what will it take for the bond between two people to hold strong together?

Featuring some of the most well known and best-selling names of the dystopian genre, as well as the hottest up-and-coming authors, this anthology includes works from Jeanne Du Prau (City of Ember), Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth), Diana Peterfreund (Rampant), Jesse Karp (Those That Wake), Kiera Cass (The Selection), Andrew Smith, and William Sleator (The Boy Who Wouldn't Die)

Everyone who has read my past reviews and WoWs will know that I’m a sucker for mythology. The first book that I’m waiting for will actually be published just a few days from now.

Asphodel by Lauren Hammond
Publication Date: December 20, 2011
Published by S.B. Addison Books

Persephone has been running for her entire life. Running from the humans to keep her immortality a secret. And running from a man who haunts her dreams. Not a man but a god, who will stop at nothing until he gets what he wants. And what he wants most, is her.

Trapped in the realm of the dead, Persephone plans to return to the land of the living. The underworld is a terrifying place where ghosts roam freely, three headed dogs patrol the gates, and it’s a living grave where the rules of earth and the warmth of the sun no longer apply. But then, something unexpected happens. Persephone finds herself falling for the god who abducted her, the god who has chased her for five thousand years, a god who is none other than death himself, Hades.

Ripped out of the underworld by Zeus, Persephone must find a pomegranate to return to the realm of the dead and to her beloved. Consuming only a seed of the fruit of the dead would bind Persephone to spend her life beneath the earth’s core with Hades. But Zeus has reduced every pomegranate tree in the world to ash. Except one. Persephone must locate that one remaining pomegranate tree, a quest that could ignite a war between the two mightiest of the god’s. A war that could cause Persephone to lose the only family she’s ever known or give up a love that comes only once every five thousand years.

That’s it for my WoW! What are you waiting for this Wednesday?


 


.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these books before, but I do like the sound of them. Asphodel sounds intriguing. I like the cover! Great choices! Thank you for sharing them!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of these as well! At least ASPHODEL is next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you're back with WoW's! I've been terribly behind on my commenting lately, but I'm so glad you're getting back regularly into the blogosphere! <3

    Soo intrigued by Brave New Love, that word "DYSTOPIAN" instantly peaks my attention :D Oh my gosh and Asphodel!! You know I love finding new mythology-inspired reads, so obviously I am EXCITED for this! Gorgeous cover and it sounds SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a collection of short stories before. Brave New Love will be my first. Great choices!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete