Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dystopia 2012 Challenge


With Dystopian Domination 2 around the corner, I’ve decided to commit. I’m going to participate in Dystopia 2012 Challenge, hosted by Bookish Ardour


If you’re interested, here are the details:
  • Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
  • When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December 2012!
  • Crossover Genres: Our Dystopia challenge also includes Post-Apocalypse and Ecotopia (environmentally dystopian).
  • Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
  • Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
There are seven challenge levels:
1.      Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
2.      Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
3.      Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
4.      Drone – Choose 50 books to read
5.      Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
6.      Brainwashed – Choose anywhere between 76-135 books to read
7.      Totalitarian – Choose anywhere between 136-200 books to read

And I’m choosing #3: Soldier Level. (I hope I can finish this – it’s really a challenge for me! 30 dystopian books? That’s 30% of the number of books I’ve read this year!)

My Reading List:

1.      Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
2.      The Prince Who Fell from the Sky by John Bemis
3.      The Hunt by Andrew Xia Fukuda
4.      The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
5.      Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
6.      Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
7.      Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
8.      Fever by Lauren DeStefano
9.      Surrender by Elana Johnson
10.  Eden by Keary Taylor
11.  Eve by Anna Carey
12.  Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
13.  Tankborn by Karen Sandler
14.  Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
15.  Blood Red Road by Moira Young
16.  Enclave by Ann Aguirre
17.   Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
18.  Gravity by Melissa West
19.  Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
20.  Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
21.  Cold Fury by T.M. Goeglein
22.  Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire
23.  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
24.  City of the Falling Sky by Joseph Evans
25.  Promised by Caragh O’Brien
26.  Earth Girl by Janet Edwards
27.  Partials by Dan Wells
28.  Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
29.  Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres
30.  Starters by Lissa Price
31.  Black City by Elizabeth Richards
32.  Far From the War by Jeffrey David Payne
33.  Hollow by Richard Denney
34.  Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
35.  Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
36.  After the Snow by S.D. Crockett
37.  The Glimpse by Claire Merle
38.  Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
39.  A Million Suns by Beth Revis
40.  False Memory by Dan Krokos



4 comments:

  1. Wow, very impressive. I am participating in this one as well. I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge, I love dystopian! If I wasn't so crazy busy right now I'd totally take part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm impressed. I signed up for this, but am only starting out at the lowest level haha!! I don't read a whole lot of dystopia anyway, but there are a few I want to read this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your list, I just found a bunch of new and upcoming dystopias to read...though it seems like the genre is getting overrun, and some of the plots just sound ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete