Friday, February 12, 2010

Angelic Friday (02-12-10)


Since the day I read Hush, hush, I've become so fascinated with angels and other divine creatures - fallen or not. I've decided to do host a new meme called Angelic Friday. Angelic Friday features books that explore the lives of angels, nephilims and fallen angels.

For today, I'm going to feature the book that started it all - the book that sparked and entirely kindled my fascination on angels: Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick!


Book Description:

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen -- and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

First Impression:

I stumbled upon the Hush, hush while I was browsing the page of Shiver at the B&N site. It was included in the 'Customers who bought this also bought' part. 'The cover was so striking that I decided right there and then that I just have to buy it. The cover of Hush, hush is one of the most stunning covers I've ever seen. Plus, it really gave me a dark, dangerous and mysterious vibe.

My Thoughts:

Hush, hush is one of my favorite novels! I read this novel on a school night. I was barely able to sleep. And no, I'm not exaggerating! I really couldn't put this one down. I couldn't let Patch down.

Nora is a normal girl in high school. On a fateful day in Biology class, she gets partnered with a senior transferee who never talked in class - Patch - and on their first conversation ever, she gets creeped out. Patch seems to know a lot of things about Nora. To make things worse, he doesn't seem to care about their bio homework. With a tinge of annoyance and a sense that her bio partner is dangerous, she journeys through life as normally as she could. I got attached to Nora. She maintains her Nora-ish personality throughout the novel. And that's what I like about her.

Patch is the best badboy character I've ever encountered. Really! I've read lots of novels after Hush, hush but no other badboy can claim superiority above Patch. His character is strongly developed and is very realistic. He has this 'macho' identity. With a mouthful of innuendos and angelic allure, he can make any girl fall into temptation.

I really liked every bit of this novel. The plot was wow-worthy. Fitzpatrick weaved all the scenes in perfect order and released enough information regarding Patch's mystery at the right time. One of the things that I like about this is that there were lots of unexpected things that really surprised me. On the latter part of the book, many things were unraveled and I was left thinking: "I didn't see that coming! I never even thought of it!" I absolutely enjoyed it!

With a ton of questions, an admirer asking her out all the time, a school psychologist that tells her to stay away from her bio partner, a stalker, and Patch lingering beside her, alluring as ever, will Nora find out what's really happening around her before it's too late?

Hush, hush is a story of hope, chance and love. It opens our eyes to the fact that no matter how bad you are, there is always a chance for you to change for the better. No matter how hard we fall, we can always rise with a new surge of perseverance and hope. Love is found in the strangest places, in this case Nora found it in Patch - a guy she disliked in the beginning.

Hush, hush is a fast paced, thrilling and hypnotic novel that lures readers into the coldness of Maine where mysteries breed and secrets are unraveled in a maze full of twists and turns. Readers are bound to want the sequel - Crescendo that will be coming out later this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment