Monday, February 01, 2010

Wake by Lisa Mcmann


When I first heard of this book, I was really interested. Wake revolves around Janie and her special ability to get in the dreams of other people. This ability is strange but useful in many ways. I really liked Janie's gift despite its disadvantages. It's amazing to be able to know the hopes and fears of people in a very creative way. Janie doesn't find out through reading something personal. But she finds out through seeing them.

The pace of the book is fast. I liked Lisa Mcmann's way of writing. Brief but expressive. There wasn't a single moment that I was bored. I was completely dragged into Janie's world. Hectic, tiring and eventful. Every dream she ventured into had me flipping the pages madly.

Cabel's dreams are what really grabbed my attention. At first, I thought he was the opposite of what he is. But yay! I'm so glad that he isn't! He and Janie make a good couple. Always looking out for each other, without being a pain.

Wake is a roller coaster ride that sends you flying through dreams and nightmares, while breezing through hints of hopes and fears of the people being watched and of the watcher herself (catcher.) It's a thrilling, heart-pounding story that runs in full speed.


5 comments:

  1. Great review! I love that series too and can't wait for Gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to rate Wake in a scale of 0-5 where 0 is the least and 5 is the best, what would you give it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I enjoyed this book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I'd say 5! I wasn't able to sleep because of this book! And it was a school night! So, I was really hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this book too. Definitely looking forward to read the sequel..Great review

    ReplyDelete