Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Dystopian Version

20 Years Later by Emma Newman
Publication Date: July 5, 2011
Published by: Dystopia Press

LONDON, 2012: IT arrives and with that the world is changed into an unending graveyard littered with the bones, wreckage, and memories of a dead past, gone forever.

LONDON, 2032: Twenty years later, out of the ashes, a new world begins to rise, a place ruled by both loyalty and fear, and where the quest to be the first to regain lost knowledge is an ongoing batt...more
LONDON, 2012: IT arrives and with that the world is changed into an unending graveyard littered with the bones, wreckage, and memories of a dead past, gone forever.

LONDON, 2032: Twenty years later, out of the ashes, a new world begins to rise, a place ruled by both loyalty and fear, and where the quest to be the first to regain lost knowledge is an ongoing battle for power. A place where laws are made and enforced by roving gangs—the Bloomsbury Boys, the Gardners, the Red Lady’s Gang—who rule the streets and will do anything to protect their own.

THE FOUR: Zane, Titus, Erin, Eve. Living in this new world, they discover that they have abilities never before seen. And little do they know that as they search post-apocalyptic London for Titus’ kidnapped sister that they’ll uncover the secret of It, and bring about a reckoning with the forces that almost destroyed all of humanity.

Why I Chose This:

It sounds amazing!! Don’t you agree? And that new world is bound to be fierce and dangerous. Love it already! There’s so much mystery and tension in the description. I wanna know what It is. So far I have never read a dystopian set in London. This will be new.

Pure by Julianna Baggott
Publication Date: TBA 2011
Published by: Grand Central Publishing

A dystopian novel about a society of haves, who escaped an apocalypse in a futuristic dome-covered city, and have-nots, who survived the nearly destroyed outside world. The have-nots are almost entirely marked or mutated in some manner.

PURE centers around the story of Pressia, a 16-year-old survivor with a doll’s head fused into her left hand, and Partridge, an unmarked Pure who has escaped the Dome to find his mother, certain that she has survived the cataclysm.

Why I Chose This:

This reminds me of my Social Science II class. Haves and have-nots. I can see a struggle between the classes here. The heroine has a doll’s head fused to her left hand. Does it talk? I have no idea but we’ll see what happens! Oh and Pure is going to be a movie! So yay for that – another dystopian movie for us!


What are your picks this Wednesday? Link below please so I could see them! :)



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE DYSTOPIANS!! I think it may be one of my favourite genres. I've been salivating for Pure, it sounds incredible and the fact that movie rights have been sold speaks volumes for the novel. This is my first time hearing of 20 Years Later and it sounds awesome! Thanks Precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 20 Years Later sounds like my kind of read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, I love dystopians!! 20 Years Later sounds really good, I'll be adding it to my list! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dystopians make me happy. By far my favorite genre. I had not heard of either of these so thanks for introducing them to me :D
    That's so neat that Pure is going to be a movie. It sounds really creepy.
    And 20 Years Later...wow...that one just sounds intense. Can't wait for both of them now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! 20 YEARS LATER has a super awesome cover! Like, looking at it makes me want to read the book without even knowing what it's about. haha

    ReplyDelete