Thursday, June 02, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Book Description via Goodreads:
Paperback, 358 pages
January 25, 2011, Harlequin Teen

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Source: Gifted by Mom (Thank you!)

My Thoughts:

I was wrong when I thought that The Iron Daughter had reached the highest level of awesomeness when it came to books about the Good Folk because The Iron Queen blew me away.

Being exiles had given Meghan and Ash freedom to be together. Their relationship went a up notch higher, developing into something stronger. They were anchored towards each other, bound by a forbidden love that sweetens everything. The Unseelie Prince had shed his icy shield and shared his heart with Meghan. The once cold, formal and unreachable prince has finally shown his soft side, perhaps melting in Meghan’s summer glow. I liked seeing his soft side – the vulnerable, loving, protective and somewhat possessive side.

Kagawa’s characters were very well-developed. I loved each and every one of them. I got to know more about the Iron Fey Realm, their ways, their lives and their nature. To be able to distinguish the good ones from the bad ones came with a troubling revelation about an upcoming war, wrong assumptions and the past. If you have read my reviews on The Iron King and The Iron Daughter, you would know that I’m Team Puck. Puck showed a more sarcastic side in this novel. But despite being hurt that Meghan chose Ash over him, I loved that he was man enough to take the pain and still care for his best friend.

There was a new iron king - a false king that majority of the iron fey followed and believed in. The rebels of the iron fey had made their intention clear: to keep Meghan from being snatched by the evil clutches of the false king. Faeryland - the land that she and Ash could never go back to - was being swallowed by the poison of the iron kingdom and Meghan's second home was swiftly dying. If she did nothing, soon it would vanish, along her best friend and her Prince.

The usual twists and turns still got me. Better than the last, The Iron Queen surpassed The Iron King and The Iron Daughter combined. Sweetness, peril and suspense await readers! With everyone’s lives and Meghan’s freedom and loved ones at stake, Meghan needed to make the ultimate decision. The Iron Queen is epic, mind-blowing and extremely addicting with a strong taste of romance, high levels of kickass action and danger and a dab of tragedy. I highly recommend this series to everyone who wants an awesome read!

Rating:



4 comments:

  1. I still need to read the Iron Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! You should read The Iron Daughter! (It's more romantic than The Iron King, promise!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, I love you review! Gosh, I need to re-red this series! isn't Puck just wonderful in this book? Loved both him and Ash :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just when I think "this series can't get any better, I HAVE to catch up SOON!" you throw out a review like this and amaze me all over again. And you even make me turn a little Team Ash just from your review! Aww. The Iron Queen sounds amazing, brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete