Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday in YA (4) Bookish News


Hi everyone! Classes were cancelled yesterday because of heavy rain. That means I had time to surf the internet, check other bloggers’ posts and join a few contests.

As of the moment, I’m happily downloading the audiobook of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater from Sync. For each week, they have two free audiobooks. On July 28-August 3, you can download Jo Treggiari’s Ashes, Ashes.

Yesterday, I saw the most beautiful 2012 cover I’ve ever seen. It’s Everneath by Brodi Ashton. See those wisps of red and the smoke? I love it. Very dramatic effect. And read the synopsis. It sounds SO good!

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

Book 1 is scheduled for release in January 2012.

Candace at Candace’s Book Blog is giving away Steel by Carrie Vaughn or a pirate book.
She is also currently hosting an event called My Favorite Things. There are lots if giveaways included. Check it out here.

The wonderful people at Fire and Ice are giving away an ARC of Forever by Maggie Stiefvater.

Melissa Walker is also giving away 5 ARCs of Small Town Sinners at her site.




And…if you’ve been here around May, you’ll know that I raved about Legend by Marie LuI found another art by Marie. It’s so pretty that I just can’t help but posting it here.


Last but not the least, Jennifer Murgia, one of the nicest, sweetest and most generous authors ever is having a contest. She is looking for an angel to be introduced in the third and final book of her trilogy.


What you need to do: Create an angelic character with a Fanart photo and a character description.

Email your entries to jennifermurgia8 (at )gmail.com!

Check the contest poster for more details!



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing, that's wonderful!
    I'm always here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the news roundup! I love it when bloggers do things like this. That cover for Everneath is gorgeous! I saw it yesterday and nearly fell out of my chair in awe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the cover of Everneath!! SO GORGEOUS! And the plot... the plot! It sounds amazing! AND COLE! He had me at "smoldering immortal" Swoon. Can we have this book... NOW PLEASE?!

    I love that artwork by Marie! I can totally picture Day and June looking like that. Fantastic. I want me a slice of DAY :D

    Awesome roundup, Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my cover! I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cancelled due to RAIN?!

    Was it acid rain? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @scattered_laura No, thank you Mother Nature that it wasn't acid rain. LOL. XD But it floods easily here. Well, at least in other places.

    @Brodi you're welcome! :)

    @Brodie & Small Review yes, it's really pretty! I wish we could read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great roundup! I just downloaded Shiver too because I've heard that Sam SINGS O_O

    I just saw the cover of Everneath somewhere, but this is the first time I've seen the description posted. It does sound interesting! It kind of sounds like a take on the Persephone myth? Thanks for sharing all these great details!

    ReplyDelete