Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Starcrossed & The Near Witch


It’s time for another Teaser post! Today’s the first day of the semester. I got home and slept right away so I’m posting this one a little late!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I’m currently reading two titles: The Near Witch and Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini.

My Teasers:

 
“Had enough?” he asked, smiling at Helen’s brazen admiration of his looks.
“Not yet,” she said, a matching smile breaking across her face.

-p. 160, Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (Hardcover)

 
I catch my breath as the stranger’s eyes find mine. Eyes as dark as river stones and yet somehow shining, soaking up moonlight. Eyes that widen a fraction as they meet my own.

-p. 13, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (egalley)


 

11 comments:

  1. Both covers are lovely, but I think I prefer Starcrossed a bit more. I think the teaser is cute too.


    ~ Popin

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved Starcrossed! I haven't had a chance to read The Near Witch yet but it looks really good! Happy reading :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice check out my TT at
    http://youngreadersathome.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-and-top-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Can't wait to read. My copy of Starcrossed got here in the mail today and I'll be getting The Near Witch as soon as it comes out. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I really want to read both of these.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers! I loved both of these books, especially TNW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers! I wonder when I can read my galleys of these two... they both sound really good! Thanks for sharing!


    P.S. I'm glad you're getting Airborne! It's a great read so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Starcrossed, and I LOVED The Near Witch!!

    The Bookish Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser!!
    check out my Starcrossed Teaser HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great teasers! I loved both books, The Near Witch is my fav for this year :)

    Here is my teaser: http://tinyurl.com/6b5kf4y
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete