Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Outside + Everblue


Hi everyone! I missed Teaser Tuesdays again yesterday. I was using a different computer and…it won’t cooperate with me. I’m more comfortable blogging in my laptop. This Wednesday, I have two books for you.

Outside by Shalini Boland
Publication Date: July 2011

OUTSIDE is a post-apocalyptic young adult novel. A romantic road-trip thriller with a series of twists and turns.

In the near future Riley hunts her sister's killer, travelling across a ravaged and unrecognisable Britain with her neighbour, Luc.

The story jumps to the present day, where Eleanor is falling in love, but she has no idea what's coming. This time next year, civilisation won’t be quite so civilised...

Why I Chose This:

Lately, I’m starting to like post-apocalyptic novels. I like to see how the society will be deconstructed and reconstructed again. I’m fond of novels with thrilling scenes, romance and element of surprise. So, why not? Plus, present and past narration! I’d love to see that.

Everblue by Brenda Pandos
Publication Date: July 31, 2011
Published by: Obsidian Mountain Publishing

Best friends share everything with each other. Or do they? Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Frances Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Spending time with her best friend Tatiana, dreaming about kissing Tatiana's twin brother Fin, and swimming competitively are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college. But when Tatchi fails to return home after a family emergency, and no one knows where the family has gone, Ash chooses to do something drastic to find them.

Ashlyn is about to discover what she’d thought to be true her whole life, wasn’t, and the truth, too fantastical to imagine. Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever.

Why I Chose This:

Brenda is one of the nicest authors ever! From vampire novels, I’d like to see how she would deliver her mermaid tales! I know I’ve been super excited about the amount of mermaid novels this year but sadly I wasn’t really able to read them because…my TBR won’t let me and because I haven’t gotten copies of them. But. I’ll really try to read this one. I want to. The cover is so gorgeous, I don’t think I can resist at all. Heck, it’s more gorgeous than the others I’ve seen!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday? :)



5 comments:

  1. Oooh Everblue looks so good! I'm really intrigued by the increase in mermaid novels, but I've yet to take the plunge and check one out. Everblue sounds an awesome way to start!

    And oh, Outside had me at "A romantic road-trip thriller with a series of twists and turns. " That is EXACTLY my type of novel! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to add Everblue as part of my WoW this week but reserved it for later. I absolutely love the cover! And the story's pretty intriguing too. I wonder if Brenda can pull of a mermaid themed story :) can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered Everblue earlier this week, and it sounds really awesome! I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't heard of these two! They both sounds really amazing! Adding them onto my tbr list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books look good. I hadn't heard of Outside but it is going on my TBR list, I really enjoy this genre. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete