Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Angel's Fury by Byrony Pearce



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)  
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I'm reading:

I've started to have dreams while I'm awake. I remember music I've never heard ... I've got all this extra stuff in my head, but I'm forgetting things from my own life. I feel like I'm being taken over.

Cassie Farrier has always suffered from terrifying nightmares. On a trip to Germany she recognises scenes from her dreams and finds evidence of a sixty year-old massacre. Fearing for her sanity, her family sends Cassie to a retreat where she meets others with symptoms like her own and finds out that she has lived a number of past lives.

However, the Doctor at the retreat is not what she seems. Cassie and the boy she comes to love must escape the Doctor’s influence but can they also escape the misery of their shared past?

My Teaser:

Where were these new dreams coming from? Tears streamed down my face as I looked back at the window. I’d left the curtain hanging open and Orion blazed in the centre of the gap. I watched the sky until dawn gilded the ceiling and tried not to dwell on the fact that I might be losing my mind.
-page 45-46, Angel’s Fury by Byrony Pearce (ARC)

I’m liking it so far. But right now, I’m reading so slow. I don’t know why. I’ve been reading fast before this. Anyway, I’m just reading this a couple of pages at a time.

What’s your teaser?



8 comments:

  1. Ooh, really makes me want to read this one.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound pretty intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    My Teaser is a little different and based on author Olivia Cunning who is over at my blog today giving away free books.

    Jessica @ Laugh Love Write

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good. Will have to put it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in a slow reading period as well. I guess it can happen from time to time. The teaser was good though; I was definitely teased!

    My TT can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Loved this book <3 Aww sucks you're in one of those slow reading slumps all of a sudden. I was before but thankfully I'm starting to come out of it and zooming through some books!

    Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad teaser. I've never heard of this novel before but I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one--thanks for the teaser.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete