Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Hi everyone! I’ve been busy that why I haven’t been posting any Teaser Tuesdays! But right now, I’m still awake so I might as well do it!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)  
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I’m currently reading Hereafter by Tara Hudson! I love it so far!

Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.

My Teaser:

At the sound of the knock on the window, we froze, our lips only a breath apart.
“Who is it?” Joshua asked me through clenched teeth. Without moving my head, I strained to see behind him.
“A girl,” I whisper.
-p. 151, Hereafter by Tara Hudson (ARC)

What’s your teaser? I promise I’ll visit later when I get home from school! 


5 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm really excited about this book! :) Will you be reviewing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely teaser! Makes me want to read Hereafter immediately (and I hate having to wait until June :D ).

    Carina

    My TT (Born at Midnight by C. C. Hunter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover to this one!! I can't wait to read it. Hope your enjoying it so far.

    Here is My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Renu I will be reviewing it soon! :) In fact, I just finished reading it!

    @Carina it's worth the wait! :D

    @Jessilyn Oh I agree! The cover is just gorgeous! And the dress? Fab. I'm loved it!

    @Alexis Thank you Alexis! I hope you get to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete