Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read.
-Open to a random page.
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)  
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

“Mine,” Chase said, rubbing his cheek against the side of my neck. I shivered, the touch between us electrifying.
“Mine,” I agreed, burying my hand in his hair, “but in a non-freaky, non-ownership, we-both-retain-our-independence kind of way.” I nudged Chase. “Right?”

-p. 179, Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (paperback)

What’s your teaser?





8 comments:

  1. Great teaser! This was a fun book! I am interested to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great story and I loved the heroine. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser and I love that book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL great teaser I may need to read this one, she sounds like a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this book! I have it sitting on my shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser--hopefully that's right! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh love it! Perfect teaser for a perfect book. I need a reread :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one!
    Mine is here:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-december.html

    ReplyDelete